Welcome to Cheers Blondie!
My name is Ashley and Cheers Blondie is my highly entertaining expat blog that shares my adventures of living abroad and pokes fun at the cultural differences between America and the UK. I write about my day-to-day life in Scotland, traveling around Europe and life as a wife to a Scot.
I am originally a Florida girl, but made Washington, DC my home before settling in Edinburgh. I was seduced by an accent and moved to Scotland, three years ago, with my husband.
A few things to know about me:
- I am from the sunshine state and I complain about the lack of sun in Scotland, A LOT.
- I am not an outdoorsy girl, my idea of an outside activity is a rooftop bar.
- I am obsessed with castles and royalty.
- I hate being called a Yank.
- I love the show Outlander and casually stalk film locations throughout Scotland.
And here are some interviews with me and articles about the good, the bad and the ugly of being an expat!
Now that you know a bit more about me, and whether you are an expat or not, I hope you enjoy Cheers Blondie!